Pumpkin Paradise

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Why, oh why, can I not motivate myself to sit still and write a blog post? Je ne sais pas. I need to get up my October Boxycharm post, my Fall FabFitFun post - heck, I haven't even posted about my trip to montreal that was in August. I cannot seem to sit still anymore, and any time I do I feel like I'm wasting time. It's hard to sit back and take a minute to myself these days - days are so short and getting even shorter. 

Just before Halloween, I went with my little sister Emily and her roommate, K8, to Cheekwood. I've lived in Nashville for close to a decade now, but I've never visited the estate, so what better time to visit than during their Harvest, when everything is covered in pumpkins and chrysanthemum blooms? 

cheekwood harvest

The gardens were so charming. It was crowded because it was a Sunday afternoon, but I can only imagine how peaceful it would be to come out here with a blanket and a book some weekday. It also helped to settle into feeling like it's really Fall, though it was still warm enough to break a sweat - it's hard not to feel autumnal when you're surrounded by a million pumpkins. 

Now I have to come back to see their holiday lights, which BY THE WAY they were already constructing before Halloween had even rolled around. I'm still over here with jack-o-lanterns on my front porch a week into November ... I'm sorry, but if it's 75 and sunny outside, it's just not Christmastime. 


dragon's breath at cheekwood estate and gardens
FYI, I'm wearing my Luxy clip-in hair extensions here. Could you tell? They're awesome and I've had my pair for almost a year now with absolutely no change to their quality (wearing them infrequently). I get the 160 gram classic set in Chocolate Brown, though my next purchase will probably be the Off Black shade now that I've gone a little darker and cooler with my hair. 

My hair is long, but I've always wanted thick, luxurious princess hair. I mean, maybe if I hadn't spent the past few years bleaching my hair to hell and back it would still be as thick as it once was, but the fact of the matter is that it's not! Clip in extensions are my lazy girl dream come true - I mess with it if I feel like it, and I don't if I don't. 


How cute are K8's mustardy-cognac converse? They're the first pair I've lusted after since I was in 11th grade. 

But back to the main point of this post, I hope y'all had a happy Halloween and that you went outside and took advantage of it. I had ... drumroll please ... ONE TRICK OR TREATER!!! One, but hey, it gave me more time to watch Trick'r'Treat and end the night with a cocktail at Urban Cowboy Public House.   


pumpkins at cheekwood estate & gardens



xoxo, gossip girl
(or me, dina)

Post a Comment

© Call Me Dina. Design by Fearne.