April Ipsy Glambag Review

Saturday, April 22, 2017

april 2017 ipsy glambag reveal
The amount of beauty boxes I receive has decreased quite a bit over the past few months, but Ipsy has done a great job of satiating my desire for cute mail and new products without blowing my budget. April's Ipsy Glambag was pretty on target for me. I even thought the kitschy little ticket bag was cute and different, though a lot of people have been complaining about it. Different strokes! 

mica beauty highlighter 3 skin and co truffle therapy face toner  tonymoly pantone liptone lip care stick lip balm honey moisture
This month, my Ipsy bag contained:

  • Mica Beauty Highlight #3 | RV $13.88, Though pretty and pigmented, I think the loose powder may be too difficult to use as a highlighter, and the shade is a little too rich of a gold to look right on my skintone. I considered keeping it as an eyeshadow, and I think it would work great as one, but I have enough gold shimmer eyeshadows, so I'll be passing it on. 
  • Skin & Co Truffle Therapy Face Toner | RV $4.05, I could see how this would be the least exciting item to some, but I've been hoping to get a toner I could travel with for a few months now. It's perfect for me! 
  • TonyMoly Liptone Lipcare Stick | RV $10, "Honey Moisture", These TonyMoly balms are your ordinary lip balm, but I adore the Pantone-inspired packaging. 
  • Lisa Frank x Glamour Dolls Unicorn Angled Blush Brush | RV $5, I specifically requested this silly, nostalgic brush. It is beautiful and fluffy and I'm glad to have it. I have had good luck with Glamour Dolls brushes (specifically this sperm whale blending brush) in the past, in spite of their low prices. 
  • Defy & Inspire Nail Lacquer | RV $7.49, "Paradise", I love nail polish pretty indiscriminately and am skipping Julep in May, so this was a happy filler polish. 
  • POINT REDEMPTION: Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind Illuminating Face Highlighter | RV $32, "Crystal Pink", A gorgeous, full-sized, pink-toned highlighter that I received for free due to redeeming Ipsy points. Swatched below.  
Total Retail Value: $40.42
And that's excluding the $32 bonus highlighter!

jessice liebeskind vintage highlighter crystal pink lisa frank glamour dolls unicorn blush brush defy & inspire nail polish paradise

Ipsy April Glambag Swatches MicaBeauty Highlighter Jessica Liebeskind Vintage Highlighter

Post a Comment

© Call Me Dina. Design by Fearne.