Julep & BeautyFix

Friday, February 3, 2017

I'm writing this post as I'm watching one of the doctors in Grey's Anatomy get a c-section without any anesthesia, which is really something. I'm trying to distract myself from that agony with writing this post, which isn't too hard since I am so excited that I ended up getting both of these boxes so early in the month! 

Julep is always one of my favorite, favorite subscription boxes. They only carry their in-house brand, but I have had really great luck with their makeup and skincare, and of course their polishes are beautiful. The monthly box is $25/month or $20/month if you sign up for 3 months at once (this is what I typically choose). You can skip months whenever you want (for as long as you want!) and add on extra products at steep discounts. Everything is always full-sized! I happened to receive sample of the Love Your Bare Face cleansing oil, but that isn't typical.

february 2017 julep maven subscription box

 My February Julep box (which I'm able to curate myself) included:
I added-on: 
  • Paper Source Journal Trio - Unfortunately no longer available
  • Clean Slate Polish Corrector Pen - I am the clumsiest, least skilled nail polish applicator on Earth, so I'm hoping this will help my manicures look a little less haggard
  • Virginia Nail Polish - Described as a "mahogany iridescent molten", I've never seen a color like it and so I had to have it!
For adding on three additional items, I received the Juliana nail polish as a special gift. It gets great reviews but isn't a color I'd have ever chosen for myself. It looks like it'll be a great shade for Summer.

julep nail polish in charissa, virginia, and juliana

julep and papersource mini journals
I love the beautiful patterns on these journals! 

february 2017 beautyfix subscription box dermstore
I cancelled BeautyFix last December, but when I saw spoilers for the Juice Beauty primer, I signed back up immediately. BeautyFix is a $25/month subscription box through Dermstore which typically focuses more on skincare, hair care, and beauty tools, but it's an interesting change to receive multiple full sized makeup items from them this month!

The February BeautyFix box included:

Total Paid: $25
Total Retail Value: $156.86

Swatches of the Julep Eyeliner, Kevyn Aucoin Lip Satin, and La Roche-Posay CC Cream

If I'd known I'd receive the large sample of sunscreen in the BeautyFix box, I probably wouldn't have chosen Julep's, but that's just how it tends to work out with beauty boxes! As you can see, the Kevyn Aucoin lip color is much more like a gloss, though "Lip Satin" sounded like it would be more fully pigmented, imo. I also passed the CC Cream sample off to my mom, as that "universal" shade is definitely too dark and warm for my vampire skin.

Post a Comment

© Call Me Dina. Design by Fearne.