March Julep Maven

Monday, March 13, 2017

As you probably already know, I am a big fan of Julep. Initially, their "Julep Maven" subscription didn't appeal to me - I wasn't a huge nail polish wearer and $25 per month seemed a little steep. However, the 3 month sign-up makes each month $20 per month, and the ability to customize every single item has been so worthwhile for me. Plus, you can skip as many boxes as you want without having to officially unsubscribe. 


Of course, I always end up adding on items. If you add on 3 items, you have a freebie added to your box, and I'm a sucker for that. So each box ends up being about $35 or so for me. Would it be worth it for everyone? No, definitely not, but if you are interested in choosing each item for yourself from skin care, nail polish, and makeup categories, then I really recommend it. 


The primary products in my March Julep Maven box were:
I chose the following as add-ons: 
And Julep included the "Jenna" Nail Polish ($14) and a couple of Clean Slate Nail Polish Remover Wipes (value of $2.80) for free!


The eyeshadow stick is a lovely pale champagne shade that I'll use on the inner corner of my eye, and maybe on my waterline. The blush looks so dark and autumnal in its tube, but as you can see in the swatch below, it blends out to a bright, pretty berry. 

Above are the eyeshadow & blush sticks swatched on the inner swatches, and blendded out on the outer swatches.


The three nail polish colors are a tangerine orange, bubblegum pink, and pale gray with gold microshimmer. I've added the photo below so you can see how Ainsley's color shifts to a more neutral gray, depending on how the light hits it. 


So, Julep is an expensive box for me, but I have only had the best experience with them. Though this box cost me about $40 (the eyeshadow was a $9.99 add-on, while the two polishes were $4.99 each), the retail value was a whopping $122.80



And finally, my favorite pic of the day -- a happy blooper of Sansa-Bear's nose. She needs some rosehip seed oil moisture, too! 

Post a Comment

© Call Me Dina. Design by Fearne.