April Julep Maven Box

Sunday, April 9, 2017

April 2017 Julep Maven Subscription Unboxing
As always, Julep's beauty box is a delight and one of my absolute favorites. Their monthly subscription is $25/month, though I choose to purchase three months at a time for $20/month. You are able to swap out every item they curate for you and build your own box, as well as add on items from Julep's shop at a steep discount. I've been subscribed to Julep for almost a year now (mostly because of the ability to skip months without cancelling!) so I've become quite familiar with Julep's house brand, and I'm consistently pleased. 

Julep Eye Glider Gilded Gold Radiant Amethyst Electric Teal Shimmer Fig Shimmer
I love the items I chose for April's Julep Maven box. I swapped out my original items (I can't remember what they were, but they're typically two makeup or skincare items and a nail polish) for two of Julep's eyeshadow duos (rosé & vacay and moonlight & starlight) and one of their new eyeliners. I added on three more "eye gliders" (so in all I have gilded gold, radiant amethyst, fig shimmer, and electric teal shimmer - swatched below in that order from top to bottom). I'd been lusting over the new color options and was considering purchasing a variety of stila eyeliner shades, so this made more sense financially.  
  
    Swatches of Julep Eye Glider in Gilded Gold Radiant Amethyst Fig Shimmer Electric Teal Shimmer
I chose the eyeshadow duos because I'd been looking for blendable matte shades since nearly my entire collection is full of shimmers. Rosé is so much more beautiful than I could've imagined and is going to get a ton of use. So far I've worn it in my crease with UD Fireball on my lid and I love the combo for Spring. I haven't played with Vacay yet, but I've needed a matte brown. Starlight is extremely sheer but really pretty on the eye. Moonlight seemed difficult to blend, but I was using it with a new eyeshadow primer that was quite sticky on my lid, so I'll be giving it another go soon with a different primer. I wore Moonlight & Starlight a couple of days ago for the entire work day and they never creased. Swatched below, from top to bottom: Rosé, Vacay, Moonlight, and Starlight. 

    Swatches of Julep Feels Like Velvet Eyeshadow Duo Rose Vacay and Moonlight Starlight
Finally, Julep included two additional nail polishes. One was sent to all subscribers as a special bonus, and the other was sent because I added three add-on items to my box. I already own Tatiana (a golden, burnt orange microglitter) and consider it my favorite shade for Halloween. Eliza (an "infinite ocean" holographic) has a beautiful rainbow effect in the bottle, but I have yet to try it on my nails. It's highly rated though, and I'm looking forward to trying it! 

Julep Nail Polish in Tatiana - Burnt Orange Microshimmer and Eliza - Infinite Ocean Holographic, Blue Holographic

Post a Comment

© Call Me Dina. Design by Fearne.