Lip Hoarder Part 4

Monday, May 22, 2017

Lip Hoarder Part Four with Nyx RealHer Too Faced Stila Burt's Bees bareMinerals NARS Urban Decay and Colourpop

It has been so exceptionally difficult to motivate myself to do a damn thing that isn't work lately, including keeping up with posts I'd like to share (obviously). My Lip Hoarder challenge has been going relatively well, though May has been a month full of being too lazy or busy to apply any makeup whatsoever, so progress is happening slowly. I have whittled my way down (after this point) to a myriad of shades that are a little vampy or out-there, so wearing new shades has started to become a challenge in and of itself. However, I don't want to give up yet, and it's interesting to see which shades I miss the most - like a weird orangey-coral from Nyx that I would never expect to be the lipstick I long to wear. You'll notice in round four that I tended toward Spring-y shades with a dash of alternative colors thrown in intermittently. 


Lipstick Swatches Stila Burt's Bees Nyx Kat Von D Colourpop RealHer Urban Decay
1. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in "Patina" - I like the Stila Stay All Day formula, but I think this is too close to Nyx's "Soft Spoken" for me to need it in my collection, and I actually prefer the Nyx formula. 
2. Burt's Bees Lipstick in "Blush Basin" - While this isn't a particularly flattering shade on me (and I have already destashed it because of that), I am impressed with the cute honeycomb packaging and the moisturizing formula of the Burt's Bees lipstick. I'd try it again in a cooler nude or dusty pink shade. 
3. Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in "Stone Fox" - This project has made me realize that super duper dark, vampy shades are just not too pretty on my fair skin, but I do think this is a good product. I much prefer "Stone Fox" to number 13 on this list, "Oh Put it On". It's a rich charcoal gray that dries matte and doesn't pull away from your inner lip line. 
4. Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in "Lovecraft" - I like "Lovecraft" and want to try more KVD Studded Kiss lipsticks after trying this one, but it's a little too close in shade to number 7 on this list, UD "Backtalk", and I'm afraid I prefer "Backtalk", so I'll be passing this little guy along. 
5, Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lip in "Kink" - For a long time, I was anti lip gloss. It gave me too many high school flashbacks. Lately, however, I've been particularly enjoying the highly-pigmented Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lips, and "Kink" is no different. It's a cool-toned fuchsia with sparkle and I hate that it was limited edition, as it's one of my more fun shades to wear. Not that I'll ever use up an entire lip product in this lifetime, but I'd like for others to have the opportunity to try it!  
6. RealHer Plumping Gloss in "I Am A Rockstar" - Though I absolutely hate number 11 on this list, RealHer's "I Am Gorgeous", I do like this lip gloss as a solid neutral gloss. It's nonsticky, but I want to do an immediate side by side of this with Trust Fund Beauty's lip gloss to see which basic neutral gloss is more worth keeping. 
7. Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in "Backtalk" - Backtalk is the first lipstick I've ever bought for myself that cost over $10! I've been gifted others or received them in subscription boxes, but Backtalk was my first experience with trying a sample of something and immediately rushing to Sephora to hand over $17 for the full-sized lipstick. It's my favorite pinky nude that I own, and looks even more flattering now that I've dyed my hair dark. 

Lipstick Swatches with Nyx Nars bareMinerals RealHer Trust Fund Beauty Nyx and Too Faced

8. Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in "Industrial Paradise" - I've noticed that pastels are really, really difficult for most companies to pull off, so I was surprised by how well baby blue "Industrial Paradise" worked. It applied smoothly and was completely opaque, though it did wear off since I wore it to grab tacos and margaritas with a friend. It's not a color I'll be able to wear often, but I'm pleased with it.
9. NARS Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in "Gold Digger" - I feel totally neutral about this. I guess for the price of a full sized tube, I'm disappointed. It adds a sheen, I guess, but it's not enough to wear alone and I'm just not impressed like I am with the Colourpop glosses.
10. bareMinerals Pop of Passion Lip Oil Balm in "Pink Passion" - I've written before that I'm fond of the bareMinerals Pop of Passion balms, and this one is no exception. I like the bright pink shade. I think they'd be a good replacement for something like the Glossier Generation G Sheer Lipsticks. They aren't matte, but they have decent color payoff for a sheer and they are made to be moisturizing/soothing to your lips!
11. RealHer Matte Liquid Lipstick in "I Am Gorgeous" - I have no idea what the wear on this product is like because I ripped it off my lips within 30 seconds of applying. First, it's too pale and gives me early 00's Tara Reid fashion vibes. Secondly, it's thin but way too easy to apply way too much. It's one of those few products that I will probably just throw away because I wouldn't want to curse anyone else with it.
12. Trust Fund Beauty Lipstick in "Try to be Nice" - I am really fond of this lipstick. I like Trust Fund Beauty as a brand - their products aren't incredible, but they're nice and different and I like supporting smaller companies, especially when they're cruelty-free. I love that this lipstick is a creamy lilac shade but that it wears down to a soft pink. The wear makes it easy to pull off in more conservative situations while still wearing a slightly alternative color. It seems that this shade has been discontinued, which I hate, so I plan to keep and enjoy this tube while it lasts.
13. Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in "Oh, Put It On" - Hate, hate, hate, loathe entirely. I am a huge advocate for the Nyx Liquid Suede Lipsticks and think, in general, they're the best bang for your buck when it comes to matte liquid lip products. This deep, blackened violet is a complete bust, though. It's impossible to apply - even the matching lip liner was patchy, and the lipstick immediately pulls away from your inner lip line and began flaking off before I could even leave the house. I don't know why this one shade is so terribly useless, but it is, and I'll probably just throw it away.
14. Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipstick in "Chihuahua" - Something I like: The applicator! It was different but effective and I liked how smoothly the lipstick applied. Something I dislike: The shade was a little too brown and warm for me, so I passed this baby on to my mom, for whom Glossier Skin Tint in "Dark" is too pale. Riddle me that.

Post a Comment

© Call Me Dina. Design by Fearne.