October Catch-up with Current Spooky Beauty Favorites

Friday, October 20, 2017

Spoiler Alert: They aren't very spooky. 
rifle paper company constellations calendar october

When I took the photos for this post, I intended it to be completely focused on the beauty & skincare products. However, the Nyx palette was the summer birthday gift from Ulta and I pressed one of the shadows in the quad myself, so I realized there was absolutely no point in recommending beauty products that would be inaccessible to anyone who wanted to try them. So while I'll recommend some products from the pictures, I've decided to redirect to an overall October post. After all, I can't imagine anything more fitting than writing a blog post about October when it's already 3 weeks into the month~

Seasonal Fall Autumnal Angled Beauty Flatlay
October is easily my favorite month of the year. Here in the Southeast it finally starts to cool down, the leaves change, we have our annual family camping trip in the Smokies, and it all around starts to feel like Fall. My mom has always gone hard when it comes to the holidays, so our family home this time of year is covered in decorations - most cozy, some creepy. My sisters and I marathon through seasonal movies; this year we've covered Scream 2, Corpse Bride, Hell House LLC, and Happy Death Day, to name a few. 

This is the first year that I have been living in a space that I've been motivated to decorate myself, so I have my big jack-o-lantern set out and orange string lights around the front porch. My boyfriend's dad grew a pumpkin patch this year, so I've had a surplus of the darling things in all different colors - the three pumpkins in this picture all came from his patch! I've been burning my pumpkiny-appley-cinnamony candles and slipping on my fuzzy socks (since I'm avoiding turning on the heat this early, even if it does dip into the 40s overnight) and everything just feels cheerful.

Seasonal Fall Autumnal Angled Beauty Flatlay
A couple of the beauty products that I've pulled out for the season (that you can still purchase) are the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask and the Fresh Sugar Lip Caramel Hydrating Balm. The PTR Pumpkin Mask smells like a dang pumpkin pie. I was almost teary-eyed when I tried it for the first time over the summer because it brought me that much joy, but I made myself put it away until the smell was appropriate for the season (because, yes, I'm a weirdo and care about these things). You can also try it in a mini size as part of a PTR mask sampler kit. It has been wonderful for my sensitive skin, but since I only allow myself to use it in the Fall, I will probably never purchase the full-size! For the lip balm - listen, I know. I've fussed and fussed about beauty products being packaged in jars, but lately I've realized it feels obnoxiously luxe to put lip balm on with a lip brush. It absolutely makes me feel like a brat in the best way. I've always loved (and highly recommend) and of the Fresh Sugar lip products, but this one is my current favorite because it's not tinted and has the faintest sweet, warm, vanilla caramel scent.

Another fun buy at this time of year are various indie beauty companies' seasonal perfumes! I'm partial to Fyrinnae because they create some of the most gorgeous eyeshadows on the planet, but there are plenty of indie options. Fyrinnae offers sample sizes, which are perfect for me (for eyeshadows and perfumes alike). This year I've tried Ghost Story, Snoqualmie Lodge, and Gilded Leaves - Gilded Leaves is my favorite of the three!

Swatches of Colourpop Ultra Metallic Lip in "DM", Nyx Wicked Lippie in "Risque", and Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in "Black Truffle"
And finally, though no one needs an excuse to wear a funky lipstick in my humble opinion, there's no better time than Halloween-season to step outside of your comfort zone! These three shades are all incredible: There's Colourpop Ultra Metallic Liquid Lip in "DM", which I've infuriatingly just discovered is discontinued (but check out Nyx Wicked Lippie in "Wrath" for an extremely close orange-based metallic copper dupe), Nyx Wicked Lippie in "Risque", a deep, metallic green, and Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in "Black Truffle", a blackened violet shade with a satin finish.

I feel like I'm finally coming out of hibernation right as nature is going into it. I wish it could be Autumn forever.

2 comments

  1. These photos, girl! Teach me!!

    How was Happy Death Day?!

    Priya the Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Careprost reviews Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

    ReplyDelete

© Call Me Dina. Design by Fearne.