My First Boxycharm

Monday, March 27, 2017

march 2017 boxycharm unboxing spoiler reveal
This month I tried a new-to-me beauty box, BoxyCharm, which is $21 per month for primarily full-size items. There is a waitlist, but I was only on it for about 3 weeks before getting a notification that I'd be receiving a box. For a long time (i.e. since last May), BoxyCharm didn't appeal to me. They send out a lot of indie brands, and I wasn't sure that I cared to have that many full-sized products. However, now that I'm on a bit of sample overload & have unsubscribed to everything but Julep & Ipsy AND have come to find that I like the quality of quite a few of the regular beauty box indie brands, Boxy started to make more sense for me to try.

The March 2017 BoxyCharm box contained:

Total Paid: $21
Retail Value: $97.50

boxycharm march 2017 swatches naked cosmetics urban rustic trio realher
Swatches of the lip liner, matte liquid lip, and eyeshadows

The lip products are described as a "rose mauve", which falls perfectly into my preference for pinky-nudes. They're more dark & neutral than the pink RealHer set I received in the Spring FabFitFun

I was ... well, nervous is a bit of a strong word, so maybe unsure ... about the Naked Cosmetics palette when I saw spoilers. I have a rose gold pigment from Naked Cosmetics that I think is fantastic, but these shades were so deep and autumnal! However, I've been looking for a nice olive green shadow, and while burnt orange & burgundy don't look wonderful on me, they're on-trend & I'm willing to try them. I doubt I'll ever wear the shades together, but I think each shade could be a fun pop of color with some neutral browns or taupes. Also, yes, that's one single swipe of each shadow, so the pigment on the orangey shade is super impressive. 

Finally, the Smashbox primer is a classic, but I have multiple primers to use up so it won't be opened anytime soon (and may be gifted). The brush is fat and fluffy and beautiful, and my first fan brush, so I'm looking forward to learning how to  using it! 

I don't think BoxyCharm is for everyone. I completely understand wanting to subscribe to beauty boxes in order to sample new products (a la Sephora Play! and Ipsy) rather than build up a collection. For $21 a month, though, this is a great sub for affordably filling out a makeup stash. 

Post a Comment

© Call Me Dina. Design by Fearne.